Veja Esplar Leather
Veja is one of the world’s premier sneaker brands and a champion of sustainable urban cool. They source their natural rubber directly from Seringueiro communities in the Amazon rainforest, emphasising the importance of fair trade and ecologically conscious production methods.
Named in tribute to the Brazilian NGO Veja has been working with since 2005, ESPLAR supports organic and family farming in the Nordeste region. The leather used in the upper and panels of each sneaker comes from farms in Rio Grande do Sul, and is tanned in Brazil according to REACH standards. Not only is the use of water reasoned during the process, all tanneries supplying VEJA leather are also certified L.W.G. Gold by the Leather Working Group, which promotes sustainable practices.
The rest of the sneaker is also crafted from a host of eco-friendly materials, including:
- Logo V made of rubber and rice waste (22%).
- Insole made of sugar cane (40%), organic cotton (12%), amazonian rubber (11%) and recycled Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate (11%).
- Vulcanized outsole made of rice waste (23%), amazonian rubber (19% ) and recycled rubber (12%).
- Tech inner lining containing 100% recycled polyester — developed to better resist friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure.
- 100% organic cotton laces.
Made in Brazil
- Machine washing is not recommended.
- Use a suitable spray or cream leather care product to treat the leather.
- Before wearing these shoes for the first time, waterproof them with a spray adapted to its material. Repeat this regularly.
- Store shoes in a dry place away from any heat source.
All items purchased online or in our stores can be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase. Items must be unworn, unwashed and in their original packaging. Sale or discounted items are not eligible for returns unless specifically mentioned. Refunds will be in the form of store credit, which will be credited to your account within 5 business days from the time we receive the item/s. Please ensure you have signed up for a membership account with us in order to receive the store credit. The store credit will be valid online and in-stores, for a period of 1 year from the date of issue. Kindly note that shipping charges, if any, cannot be refunded.
Items purchased online or in our stores can be exchanged for other products within 30 days from the date of purchase. Items must be unworn, unwashed and in their original packaging. Sale or discounted items are not eligible for exchange unless specifically mentioned. Items can be exchanged once and the exchange is final. If the replacement item is of a lower value, you may use the excess value on another item. Please note that any excess value cannot be refunded. If the replacement item is of a higher value, you will have to cover the difference. We reserve the right to reject item/s that do not fulfil the conditions above. Exchanges can only be made at our stores. If you are unable to visit our stores, please opt for a return by mail instead. You will be refunded in the form of store credit, which can then be used to purchase another item.